Monday, April 9, 2007

New meter

I bought a new glucometer last week.

I don't know about you, but I always find it hard to switch. As much as I want to try different meters with different features, when I've had one for so long, it's hard to let go of the large bank of results and averages available.

But I forced myself, and I've been using my new meter for 5 days. It's the OneTouch Ultra 2. Nothing spectacular, I probably would have been better off staying with my old UltraSmart since there are so many more features, but the UltraSmart case is too bulky. At least I can still mark before and after dinner tests on the Ultra 2.

And the 5-day average reflected on the meter isn't too bad so far (7.9 mmol/L) considering all the eating I did over the Easter weekend ... turkey dinner at my mom's, ham dinner at BF's mom's, out for breakfast with my cousin, birthday cake for my friend's son, and chocolate the 'easter bunny' left.

I don't dare step on the scale. I don't need to. I can feel the slight snugness of my pants around my waist. *sigh*

No comments: