Sunday, April 1, 2007

Bits and pieces

Time

It's April 1st, which means Time and I need to have a little talk. I need Time to agree to co-operate over the next two months. The goal is to have my house on the market by June 1st and hopefully sold by the end of June.

We still need to re-do the basement after the flood last month, finish the drywall and floor in the back entrance, and landscape the back yard. BF also has to finish some work at his house before I can start moving my things over - installing and refinishing hardwood floors on the main floor, finish the kitchen, and install and paint baseboards and moldings in the living room, kitchen, and master bedroom. There is much more work that needs to be done on his house, but those are the priority in order to make it a liveable space again.

Roller coaster

My blood sugar has been on a bit of a roller coaster ride the past few days. Not sure if it's the stress of knowing this all has to get done in such a short period of time, or if I maybe had a bad site, or bad insulin. It seems to be better today since changing my infusion set yesterday.

Bruises

Right now, every single one of my fingers is bruised from testing. I have only tried forearm testing once; I became discouraged when I couldn't get my arm to stop bleeding. BFaid that maybe I should try my toes. I'm still not sure whether or not he was serious.

My knight in shining armour

Last night we went for a small walk from my house to his parents so that he could help his dad with some electrical wiring. It is only a 10- to 15-minute walk between our houses, and BF said that he didn't anticipate we would be there very long. I figured we would be back home before I would need to test again, and the walk probably wouldn't be enough to initiate a low, so I decided to leave my purse and glucometer at home.

The wiring did take a bit longer than BF had thought. Just as I was thinking to myself, dammit I should have brought my glucometer, BF asked, "Hey, isn't it time for you to check your blood sugar?" Just as I was about to tell him that I'd left it at home, he pulled my kit from his jacket pocket. He had grabbed it on our way out. "Gotta look out for my girl."

No comments: