Friday, June 29, 2007

More random bits

Just some random bits for today:

- The house is sold. That's right, SOLD! In less than 24 hours and with 3 offers from 3 different parties. A bidding war ensued and I actually received more than the asking price. When the real estate agent told me, the most eloquent thing I could think of to say was, "Holy s**t!"

- On a whim, I visited my local diabetes clinic on Wednesday. I have been out of touch with them for over a year since I started traveling to a clinic in the next closest town with a pump therapy program. My town is finally starting its own pump program in the fall and asked me to:
a) attend their open house night to speak with pump candidates and answer their questions, and
b) be a "mentor" for the patients.
I'm excited, this is the kind of stuff I so enjoy.

- I tried a new site this week in order to give my abdomen a break. No, I did not try a thigh site. I tried... are you ready for this?... my, er, backside. Not so far back that I'm sitting on it - more toward the top of my backside and forward toward my hip. Insulin absorption has not been an issue at all, but catching my thumb on the tubing when I pull down my pants has been an incredible nuisance.

- It is a holiday weekend, which means we have Monday off (Canada Day - July 1st). Time to visit the lake for some swimming, cold beer, and maybe a bonfire with a marshmallow or two.


Have a great weekend everyone!



1 comment:

Chrissie in Belgium said...

I had the same trouble with getting my thum tied up in the loop. Try the transparent film made by Smith and Nephew. Now I ALWAYS use it!