Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The summer blues...

So, it's summer... well, it's supposed to be. I don't know about your part of the world, but here the summer has been quite non-summer like. Rainy, even cool a lot of the time. It's a bummer.

As a result, I am not as active as I usually am during the summer. And I feel it. My waist band feels a little tighter than normal, and I see my blood sugar gradually creeping up. Yesterday I finally had to give in and adjust my basal rate to compensate.

Sure, I could jump on my elliptical machine to work off those extra calories and get my blood sugar and basal rate back under control, but my heart isn't in it. I want to be outside. Walking, biking, whatever...

Anyone else have the summer blues? Yeesh.

1 comment:

kevin said...

Oh the summer blues! Yes, I think we all get them at one point or another during the summer time, and if you don't, well, then I guess it's just your season. It's not the weather that's getting me down here in Charleston, SC, but some other stuff...the good news, however, is that you can turn it around. I hear you say that your 'heart' isn't in it, and i know that feeling, but i think once you get up and do it, you'll feel better about having done it, and doing it again. The body loves endorphins! I work for http://www.icyou.com. icyou is a user-generated website for health care videos. check out this video for summer activities and fun: http://www.icyou.com/channel/summer-health